The local host for each PIANC-COPEDEC Conference will appoint a Local Organizing Committee (LOC) and eventually a Local Advisory Committee (LAC) to represent the local coastal and port engineering community.
The Local Organising Committee shall:
▪ Find and co-ordinate local co-sponsors additional to the international sponsorship in the form of fellowship funding for participants from countries in transition (especially from the host country).
▪ Identify and select a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) and organise all Conference activities (except those specified above).
▪ Meet expenses, which are exceeding the PIANC-COPEDEC Continuity Fund budget, for travel, accommodation and logistical support of the IOC, LOC, PSC and FAC for activities in connection with Conference planning and operations;
▪ Arrange a Technical Conference programme, post-Conference tours and partners programme;
▪ Decide on the organisation of an exhibition.
▪ Look for local sponsors to defray the costs of the conference catering, technical tours, conference bags and the social functions.
▪ Establish a final budget for the Conference in consultation with the IOC, budget to be approved by PIANC Headquarters.
▪ Promote the event at technical meetings as well as by advertising in national and international engineering publications.
▪ Organise a special website for the Conference.
▪ Liaise with the IOC prior to and during the Conference.
▪ In any case, the LOC will send invitations for the opening ceremony to all embassies involved, i.e. from all countries registrations were received.
▪ Provide secretariat for the International Organising Committee (IOC), the Paper Selection Committee (PSC) and the Fellowship Awards Committee (FAC).
▪ Receive the Registration Fees and repatriate the agreed Royalty to the PIANC-COPEDEC Continuity Fund within four months after the closure of the conference.
▪ Supply to the IOC, within four months after the closure of the conference, audited statement of the final accounts of the conference and other information required for the preparation of the final report of the conference.